Hello and thank you for calling in...

My name is Helen and I am a Photographer living in England. I started this Blog on the day that my Grandma died, three months after my Father died and several weeks before a third funeral. Initially it was a very personal way to stay connected to the people I'd lost and it helped, it really did. But writing and taking pictures everyday has opened back up a creative side that I had lost during the everyday. A big thank you to my followers, to those who take the time to comment and to new visitors, I hope we will become Blog friends too...

Tuesday 15 March 2011

to begin with


Photograph : 'A Rose for a Rose'

I've been inspired to write this blog from reading 'Ink on my fingers' the blog by Susannah Conway. I'm not sure which way my blog will go yet, i suppose it will just unravel but it is based in the same place as Susannah's in that going back to photography is somehow going back to who i really am and is helping to keep me connected to my father who has recently died.

That i hope is where the similarity will end, i don't intend to copy her blog but to write my own. I hope it will document my journey back into something that captured me a long time ago but something, stupidly, i didn't choose to pursue or maybe the time just wasn't right.

Actually i think the truth is it has taken me a very long time to know myself, far too long. I wish i had realised my love of photography years ago, studied and become a photographer. It would have saved years of not knowing when, if i had have been able to read the signs, I could have been earning a living at it instead of all the different soul destroying things I've tried .

But although i was half way there something didn't keep me gripped and i think it was that i never connected with film, it was too long winded for me, the waiting for developing. Digital is much more me, definitely. I can see the image straight away, fiddle with it and done, theres the picture. I like that, an instant result. I'm the same with art, anything that takes too long and I'm no longer inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment