Hello and thank you for calling in...

My name is Helen and I am a Photographer living in England. I started this Blog on the day that my Grandma died, three months after my Father died and several weeks before a third funeral. Initially it was a very personal way to stay connected to the people I'd lost and it helped, it really did. But writing and taking pictures everyday has opened back up a creative side that I had lost during the everyday. A big thank you to my followers, to those who take the time to comment and to new visitors, I hope we will become Blog friends too...

Friday 30 December 2011

hope for a happy new year

The fog is beginning to lift and I am beginning to feel human again, I may venture out with my camera any day now!
Tomorrow night will be hard but its just one evening and I can get through it, I have a couple of invitations, one with our old couples friends so I will call in on them early in the evening before emotions run high and I get tired. And one invitation with my artist friends so I will see in the New Year with them as I wont have any reminders around me of the man I will miss so much when the clock strikes twelve. I am so lucky to have such good friends.

I have been looking at property to buy and renovate which is very exciting, I always thought I would do that in the last ten years and never have so I'm coming full circle, as that it what I did before and I loved it. I always knew this day would come, I hoped against hope it wouldn't but deep inside I knew that it would. Its a bit of a shock that the event I had been trying so hard to prevent has actually happened but now that it has I must be strong and move on into the New Year. So if I don't get time to write tomorrow, a very Happy New Year to all and give your loved ones an extra big cuddle as the clock strikes as you never know how much longer you will have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment