Hello and thank you for calling in...

My name is Helen and I am a Photographer living in England. I started this Blog on the day that my Grandma died, three months after my Father died and several weeks before a third funeral. Initially it was a very personal way to stay connected to the people I'd lost and it helped, it really did. But writing and taking pictures everyday has opened back up a creative side that I had lost during the everyday. A big thank you to my followers, to those who take the time to comment and to new visitors, I hope we will become Blog friends too...

Thursday 29 December 2011

new beginnings

Its a whole new start for me now in many ways, in a whole new year and its both sad and exciting at the same time. I don't yet feel the relief of it all but that will come when the strain of the last six months begin to lift. There will be new strains of course, finding somewhere to live, a new job on the horizon and the inevitable pressure of moving two teenage children's lives but along the way I have a constant now that I didn't have this time last year.
My blog means so much to me and has helped me so much during my losses of this last year and now that I have lost again, it will remain the constant daily ritual in my life that has become so important to my creativity.


I am immensely proud of myself this year for creating a portfolio of photographs and the direction in which photography has taken me, I have become the me I always should have been and have found the missing piece that I was looking for. Its strange how that little box and the images that it produces can do that and as I read others blogs I can see that it does that for them too, its quite magical. My mother bought my daughter a camera for Christmas. She is still living with my ex-partner for now, whilst I find a place for us to live and when I went to visit her yesterday, she asked if we could go 'photographing' together today. We have done it a couple of times before but I'm hoping now that she has her own camera it may become a passion for her too.

I wont push her of course but I will be keeping an eye out for the signs with bated breath!
I think next year will be quite a girly year, hence the girly photographs taken in the railway station cafe at 'Shakerstone Station' near Market Bosworth, Leicestershire.
My daughter and I will make a new life together and I will spend more time with my wonderful friends who have been so supportive and caring over the last fortnight, I'm very lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment