Hello and thank you for calling in...

My name is Helen and I am a Photographer living in England. I started this Blog on the day that my Grandma died, three months after my Father died and several weeks before a third funeral. Initially it was a very personal way to stay connected to the people I'd lost and it helped, it really did. But writing and taking pictures everyday has opened back up a creative side that I had lost during the everyday. A big thank you to my followers, to those who take the time to comment and to new visitors, I hope we will become Blog friends too...

Friday 10 June 2011

quote 4




"you have to give to the world the thing that you want the most, in order to fix the broken parts inside you"



by Eve Enser, a quote on http://galadarling.com/



When my Father and Grandmother both became sick years ago, I fixed the broken parts inside of me by having children. This quote made me realise that what I wanted the most was family and I added to ours to somehow fix things. Today what I still want the most is family and I realise I've been rather half heartedly looking after mine after all this loss, its time to be a mum and family member again. I spotted the little girl above while out photographing one day, the kind of child you can't take your eyes off, she had such a wonderful manner about her. She didn't know I was photographing her which give the shots of her such a natural feel.

7 years later I now add to this post. A lot has changed in 7 years and I now would not dream of taking photographs of children that I didn't know. We are now far more aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment