Hello and thank you for calling in...

My name is Helen and I am a Photographer living in England. I started this Blog on the day that my Grandma died, three months after my Father died and several weeks before a third funeral. Initially it was a very personal way to stay connected to the people I'd lost and it helped, it really did. But writing and taking pictures everyday has opened back up a creative side that I had lost during the everyday. A big thank you to my followers, to those who take the time to comment and to new visitors, I hope we will become Blog friends too...

Tuesday 31 May 2011

beside the seaside

We spent the Bank Holiday weekend in Tynemouth, lots of seasidey things to photograph and I really liked the colours and textures in this pile of nets, ropes and buoys at the Quay. It was a gloomy day so I used the flash and brought out a real sunny seaside feel to the picture with the blue and green nets looking a little like the waves of the sea rolling over one another with the buoys bobbing in the middle.

My photography teacher would be pleased with this shot as every element leads your eye to the fishing boat coming into the Quay, the waters edge snaking towards the land which leads your eye to the jetty and light house, all pointing towards the ship. Even the rocks bottom left 'stepping stone' in that direction. It has more impact in a larger size and I will probably at some stage photoshop out the mast on the hill but its working well on a technical level!
Its the colours of this one that really work for me. I like the way that there is the same colours in the buildings behind as in the nets in the foreground and the fact that they are all on the right side of the picture. The seagull gives it a seaside theme and he matches all the grey elements in the shot. My partner thinks this is a dull shot of nothing in particular but its the way it all blends that attracted my eye.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I love the colors in the last photo as well. They are not really bright but just very complimentary and pleasing. And I love the seagull off to the side. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete